This week has been a mini holiday for us, so it has been filled with Small Things to make us grateful.
Here are a few of them:
- Going out for coffee with Andrew: we don’t do it nearly enough! We found a sweet little coffee shop in Dorking where they served us little bits of fudge with the coffee. The fudge was the hard but melt-in-your-mouth kind, all sugary and delicious.
- Reading time: I’m really enjoying Following Atticus by Tom Ryan.
- Walking: There has been some perfect crisp, blue sky weather.
- Seeing a sprinkling of snow the other morning.
- Pizza Express: Our friend bought us a voucher and we had some delicious pizzas while on our day out in London. I love going with Andrew because we order one each and then swap halves so that we get to try two!
- Wandering around London with no need to know the time.
- Getting lost in a great play: Treasure Island, performed by the National Theatre and screened live in Dorking. It made me want to be a pirate, or an actress!
- Childhood memories.
- Charity shop finds: I discovered two perfect jumpers for just £2.99 each. I think charity shop purchases are a great way to complement buying Fair Trade as it’s not directly supporting inethical trading, benefits charities and is affordable when on a tight budget.
- Signs of spring.
- Cheese and chutney.
- New nail polish.
- Catching up with friends.
- Seeing my Grandma after what felt like ages!
What are your Small Things this week?