Do you remember when I used to write ‘Small Things’ posts almost every week?
It’s been a while since my last one, and I miss putting together these lists of the small things I’m thankful for. It’s about time that I collate a new one, so here are my December 2015 ‘Small Things’:
- Presents! As much as I hate the commercialism of Christmas, I do love the tradition of giving gifts. There’s something magical about the process of planning what to give, wrapping them up and waiting for them to be opened.
- Get-togethers. I LOVE the inevitable flurry of parties and get-togethers during the festive season, and the lazy recovery days in between.
- Indulging in some serious amounts of TV time. Andrew and I are addicted to Orphan Black, which we’ve been watching on Netflix.
- Swimming. I recently joined a local hotel gym and not only is swimming the most relaxing of workouts, there’s also a sauna! That pine scent and luxurious warmth is one of the best winter pick-me-ups.
- Reading. I’m currently on the Rivers of London train, which I know I came to a bit late. It’s got me hooked already, though!
- Evenings in with Andrew and the dog. The dark evenings are the perfect excuse to curl up on the sofa with a cuppa and the fire lit.
- An eclectic mix of music. We watched the film Chef the other day and the Cuban-influenced soundtrack is so feel-good. I’ve also discovered Lauren Daigle. Check out one of the Christmas songs she sings on here.
- Reminiscing. This time of year seems to bring out a nostalgic side of me. I’ve been looking back on travel and family times we’ve had over the years and looking ahead to our trip to Venice in February.
- Cooking. I’m trying out this recipe for a Christmas Eve meal with neighbours, hoping it will be warming and festive but light before the big day of feasting! I also want to bake some of the biscuits from the Bake a Difference recipe book and try out a recipe from The Simple Things Magazine for stollen muffins.
What are your small things this month?